And perhaps if she drags her feet
You should hear her approaching.
I hope I can see you again,
One day.
I hope that you are surrounded,
With arms and ears finally open.
I won't condemn you
Because there wasn't any wrongdoing,
I can't forgive you
Because it wasn't your fault,
And I won't mourn my love
Because it hasn't died,
It just needed to evolve
And should she drag her feet again,
ReplyDeleteShe will be heard through ears finally open.
And if she cannot carry on,
He will be there to strengthen their affinity.
Losing love can kill a man.
Though I will not weep, ache or cry,
For I will die another day.
A man who has failed to cherish his partner,
Can only condemn his absent presence.
His hindsight understands stupidity,
Though offers no return for change.
I won’t mourn my love,
Because it hasn’t died.
Evolution takes change,
And our change is just beginning.