Sunday, 29 November 2009

XII

How do you survive?
You suffocate
You will be forever ignorant
You harbor loneliness and you love it for all it gives you
You have a taste for that bitter poison you spout
How do I survive?
I breathe
I educate
I embrace
And I’m only a red angel born from only your forsaken dust.

3 comments:

  1. I really felt the pain in this piece. You've obviously gone through something and come out stronger.
    It's a shame you haven't had more views because I really enjoy these pieces. If you don't mind me asking, what events inspired this particular poem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly thanks for commenting, I appreciate it. I use a poem as an output where I try and release my negativity. It can be found from an argument or stress, anything really, but essentially I find the 'darker' the poem the more negativity and stress I relieve from myself whatever the cause is. This particular one was an argument where I refused to respond because I chose to release my negativity into a harmless poem rather than the person I was arguing with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might start a blog doing this kinda stuff too just for experience.
    I know its taboo for a guy but I'm really into studying literature; its kind of what a want to do at uni (although I'm not going until the year after this one).
    No problem commenting, I really enjoyed this piece and all your others so far! I prefer the darker stuff too although that's probably not uncommon; nobody wants to read the nice mushy stuff lol

    ReplyDelete